Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sending our kids to war

Unless you've had to do it yourself you would be hard pressed to fully understand the hardship of that endeaver. Last week Diane and I drove to eastern Louisiana to see our son off to war again. That is the hardest thing I've ever had to do but I try not to say bye, but see you when I see you, instead. We sort of all go to war when we send a loved one overseas and our hearts go out to all those families who wait patiently and pray daily for their loved ones safety; it is difficult, I know, but we remain vigilant.
To Ben, my treasured son and personal hero. It was so damn good to see you, you look so good and strong. You make me so proud and make me want to be a better man. You were always a good boy and a hard working young athlete, you were never afraid of putting in the work to be an acheiver. You will always do well because of that.
I beg you to keep your wits about you, do your job, and come home safely where we most certainly will be there waiting for you; you have my word on it, and write in your journal as much as possible. We love you son; God is with us all!

No comments: