Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 3, Waco up to Ft. Worth/Dallas

Oh man, what a wet and miserable day. Sixty miles of solid rain; half way I was looking for an industrial clothes dryer to throw myself into and hitting high-heat, but I was worried about not being able to get out. It was one of those days where you ask yourself," what the heck am I doing out here"? Then I made Ft. Worth where my nephew LouDog picked me up and took me home to his house. I don't get to see him much but I was exceptionally happy to see him today; he's got a clothes dryer at his house!!! I was thinking how tough today was when the Glenn Beck show came on; it's no secret that I dig Glenn, but today was his best show yet because I was not feeling it at the end of a rough day; I'm better now. It was the perfect medicine for a day like today and renewed my vigor to carry on and stay the course in the name of my son Ben and all of our troops. I would like to thank Glenn Beck for his message to us; it really can make a difference at the end of the day. He had Marcus Latrell and Mr. Stubie on today, both WIA, thanks guys for your gift of freedom. I met Marcus on Dec.4th,2009 and had a beer or two with him. Today is gonna be good after all. See, never lose your faith!!!
By the way, it's Fri. the 13th and I should be meeting up with the Deans of Dallas.

No comments: