Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 8 Out of Joplin, But Not Very Far

Many that know me know how much I hate backtracking. Bad weather is once again bearing down on me; maybe an inch and a half to three inches of rain here-abouts. I've rode through the rain before but the frigid wind is what gets you. It slows you down to a mere crawl and it takes a grueling effort to push through it.
That being said, I elected to turn back a few miles and stay on the eastern outskirts of town close to I-44 so that as weather breaks, I can get back at it; I'll be a day or two behind but I will live to ride another day. So shall it be said; so shall it be done!
At Long john silvers I met Brian, a fellow christian, we talked a while and and I enjoyed his company; he too, was on a bicycle. Maybe we'll do a ride together some day! he let me listen to some good christian music on his i-pod, very cool. Thanks buddy!
I stopped at La Quinta to get a room and met Chandra Rose (manager), she would of gladly givin me a place to rest tonight but they were out of comp rooms. However, I do appreciate her effort and she was very nice.
Micheal, the maintenence guy heard me and referred me to Chris Beyer, manager at the Fairfield Marriot accross the street. Chris stepped up for "Average Frank" in a really big way. He hooked me up with a nice warm and comfortable place to lay me weary head; out of the rain! My hat is off to you guys and I thank you so much. If your ever in Joplin and need a place, I recommend the Marriot or the La Quinta off I-44 at exit # 8, you can't go wrong with either!
Finally, I talked to Stephanie Marsh at Fox News hoping they would have someone to do my story. She was a breath of fresh air and helped me change a few words on my blog. I was still a little upset about almost being run over and worded some of my blog with malice, I'm sorry!
Thanks for reminding me of the important things today; we all need that from time to time; I'm still a work in progress and my mission is made clear on occassion through ways and folks I don't always expect. God is with us all....... Hey Ben!
PWWE=Pray It- Will It-Want It- Earn It=PWWE

No comments: