Sunday, November 14, 2010

Veterans Day at an Elementary School

Kaylee, a 1st grader, invited JW, Sandy, & I to a Veterans Day celebration at her school. It was a heart felt day as there were a 100 veteran parents there. The kids made posters for our troops to hang in the hallways and had a parade for the Vets. All the children lined the pareade route to touch the hands with their American Heroes. As we walked and touched their little American hands, I saw a tear of joy in JW's eye, and it hit me!,,, these beautiful little children are the biggest reason why our troops risk their lives the way they do. You should of seen it. I've seen some wonderful things & have met some amazing people along the way, but none as SPECIAL as Kaylee & the kids at that Veterans Day Parade. Thanks to all of our children & our Veterans for reminding me once again, why I ride.
I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me, and I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today!

No comments: