Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Too Much Is Never Enough

Well, here we go again! It's been a while but I'm back at it. My brother Joe past away this year and I've had some changes in my life, but I'm glad to say that I'm back on the road for our troops. Another long bicycle ride is just what I need to clear the cob webs!
Left Tucson a couple of weeks ago with my sidekick Sandy to once again ride accross country for our wounded warriors; feels good! stayed a few days with Mike Neal & the gang; it was great to see some old friends, hi Kaylee! Took some kids horse-back riding with Britney!, thanks Uncle Bob. Kaylee & I got bucked off of my trusty stead Buck; the horse I rode from Corpus Christy to San Antonio; my fault, it took weeks to get the stickers out of my back!
Went to see my wonderful friends at Texas Pride; I sure have missed them!, and the delicious food; Tony, Joni, Ray & Cassie, you're the best!
Got a bike and some gear stolen at the Riverwalk but no worries, JJ, our man in uniform, and the good girls at the Thrift store ( Lynne & Angela ), took great care of things, Howard at Action Bicycles took care of the rest, YOU GUYS ROCK! Thank you ever so much!
Spent some quality time at the VFW! Raul & Family, I am so sorry for your loss; we will be dedicating a good part of our ride in memory of Mathew Mendoza; my heart bleeds for the families of fallen heroes, my gratitude is profound. Also got to hang with my Firefighter friends & a few heart warming Vietnam Vets; some tears, yes, but they were shed in great pride, thanks for your service guys, and as we said, WELCOME HOME!
To the folks at the Hawthorn & the Marriott, thank you, thank you, thank you; can't wait to see you again!!!
Finally, we have spent a copious amount of time with wounded troops. It is you and your sacrifices that inspire us to carry on, We love you as we love our own sons & daughters. You are the sons & daughters of our Nation who step up to ensure certain liberties are granted to the rest of us; we owe you big, so we ride for you!!!!!!!! Thank you from the very bottom of our American hearts.
Computer time is tough to come by but hope to keep updated on my post. If you would like to donate go to my web and click on the Alamo Banquet tool bar, it will lead you from there.
My new side-kick Sandy is nothing short of AMAZING; sure do love ya Cubby!

No comments: